Monday, March 9, 2009

Our First Meeting With Nia!!!

I'm not even sure where to begin!! We, well, at least I was VERY nervous this morning! We ate breakfast, got a taxi and with our 12 gift bags in tow we went to see our daughter for the first time. We met Ms. Lee at the door, who is our social worker. She took us up to a little play room and told us it would be about 10 minutes before Nia and her foster parents came. So I thought, ok, I need to gather my thoughts. About 10 seconds later Mark says, "there she is!" And in came our beautiful daughter! I can't even begin to describe the moment. Only that it wad a God ordained appointment.

Nia is absolutely adorable!!!!!! We are in love!!!!!!! She is so sweet! Mrs. Jeong brought her in, put her on the floor and took off her coat. She didn't even cry! She was so happy and content and she let me and Mark hold her. She was really smiling at Mark! She liked the toys I brought for her and she played peek a boo with me. I couldn't stop staring at her! Her hair is beautiful! And her little chubba legs! She pulled up on one of the couches and started cruising!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Kathy I am so excited for you guys and it seems things are going wonderful. I am so glad she was so happy to meet you. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so excited that it went so well! we are anxiously waiting for pictures!!!!! sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy....can't wait to see what she looks like!!! Glad to hear your visit went well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful!!! I can't wait until she is forever in your arms.

    Enjoy your time in Seoul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful meeting! Enjoy your time there...

    ReplyDelete