Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Blessed Day!

Our second meeting with Nia was wonderful!!! Mrs. Jeong brought her in and we played for awhile and then I went through all of the questions I had. Then she and Ms. Lee, our social worker left for about 15 minutes to see how she would do with us. She did great! She loved the yogurt that Mrs. Jeong brought so that was a good distraction. There were a few times when she would look around and start to cry but we were able to keep her from getting upset. She was laughing alot at Mark when he would play peek a boo with her. I was LOVING being able to hold her!!! I didn't want to put her down!!

After our visit was over we went up to meet with Dr. Kim, the head of Eastern. She was very sweet and we enjoyed getting to talk with her. After that, Dr. Kim took Mark and I to a room with Nia and Mrs. Jeong. Every single baby that leaves Eastern is prayed over. Mrs. Jeong had an appointment that we knew she had to leave for but she was NOT going to leave without praying over our Hae Yeong. It is an amazing prayer! She speaks in Korean but I have a translated letter that I put into her baby book. It was difficult to not just break down. Dear Mrs. Jeong was sobbing and I almost lost it. It is so clear how much Nia is loved by Mrs. Jeong! I know that Saturday is going to be very hard!

We are picking up Nia on Saturday at 4 pm. Then we will be leaving for the airport on Sunday morning at 8:30 AM.

For now, we are going to head down to Insadong, one of the markets and hang out and have dinner. We are going to be eating at a traditional Korean restaurant there. Thanks Irene for the recommedation and the directions! We are looking forward to it.

Tomorrow we are heading to the DMZ, which is the border between North and South Korea. We have heard that it is very interesting so we are looking forward to that too! That's it for now, I'll post again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Loving that sweet little girl! I am sure you did not want to put her down! She is the prettiest little thing. I am sure if all else fails in a pinch you can break out yogurt! Kathy looks like you have some serious competition...Mark looks smitten! We continue to pray for you there and your sweet boys here. You are in the home stretch…Baby Nia home forever in just 2 days!!!!! Thank you Lord! Amy

    ReplyDelete