Last Friday was Grandparent's Day at Grant's school. My mom and dad got up at 4:30 am to drive here and be with Grant. They all had a fun day and I am so thankful and appreciative for them coming. After school, Mark and my dad went fishing. My dad was lucky to catch a big one so I think he was very happy about that. My mom and I just hung out at home while the kids napped. And she did a bunch of ironing for me. I'm telling you, she insists on doing these things, I swear. I so appreciate it because ironing is something I am not good at and it takes me forever just to do one shirt! And on top of that she brought dinner! How blessed I am to have such great parents!! Saturday night we went to visit our friends Steve and Jennell and their kiddos. We always have such a fun time and remark how we wish we lived closer. But we manage to get together about once a month. They are such dear friends! It is funny to look back and see how much we have changed. Jennell and I went to nursing school together and Steve was going to college in the same town (Peoria.) We use to have quite the time going out (although at one point my fake I.D. was taken away, I think about that now, how embarrassing!) and going to parties. And we went to Panama City Beach on spring break one year. What in the world were our parents thinking when they let us go?!! :) I guess they trusted us. No doubt God was watching over us and even despite ourselves He always protected us. And now when we get together at some point we end up talking about our faith. Scripture, how to witness and more. Don't get me wrong, we are no saints, but we have come a long way. Thank you Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment